Pilates Plus offers child care through Spectrum Southdowns Health and Fitness Club located next door to our studio. Pilates Plus clients can utilize the child care services for a drop in rate of $2 per child. Please arrive early to sign your child in with the Spectrum Southdowns child care employee.
Spectrum Fitness at Southdowns enjoys having the opporturnity to offer you an affectionate and safe kid’s corner to care for your children. This allows you the opportunity to fully enjoy our facilities. Please understand how important it is for everyone to adhere to all of the following rules. Refusal could lead to the loss of the nursery usage. Stop at the front desk and pay the $2 per child rate. You will receive a ticket to give to the nursery employee.
- Our nursery welcomes children ranging in age from six weeks to thirteen years.
- Because the nursery is a service for use during your workout, we require that you remain on the premises after signing in your child. Pilates Plus members please indicate that you will be at Pilates Plus when you sign in.
- Prior arrangements must be made if your child will be checked out by someone other than the parent who signs them in.
- For liability reasons, all children must be represented by a parent or legal guardian. Unfortunately, this prohibits your child from bringing a friend, unless the child’s parent is also present.
- In order to give equal attention to every child, we must enforce a two hour time limit for children over the age of one, and a one hour time limit for infants who have not yet begun to walk.
- Please refrain from re-entering the nursery once you have dropped off your child. This can often upset the children. If your assistance is needed because of an unusual messy distress or misbehavior, we will have you paged.
- Please provide all the items your child may need while in the nursery(diapers, wipes, pacifier, formula, bottle, juice, snacks, etc) Be sure to label items with his or her name. Avoid bringing any valuables. We will not be responsible for such items.
- Snacks are welcome in the nursery; however, please avoid unusually messy ones such as candy or suckers. Also, products containing peanuts are prohibited due to peanut allergies. Better snacks would be animal crackers or dry cereal.
- We work to create the safest possible environment in which accidents are avoided, but if one does occur, you will be notified promptly.
- No child is to be in the nursery without a Spectrum Southdowns employee.
- The following healthcare guidelines have been set up to be sure that all of our children stay happy and healthy. Please do not bring your child if her or she has displayed any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours:
- High fever or sore throat
- Heavy cold or constant cough
- Heavy nasal discharge
- Excessive crankiness
- Unusual rash
- Diarrhea or upset stomach